Your gifts to UCOM are tax deductible, and are always spent with the intention of giving the best service possible to those who turn to us for help. Our donors often remark that they are pleased with the quality and extent of services we offer our neighbors, and with the proportion of our budget that goes to programming.
Other Ways to Give
You may give to UCOM in many ways...
- Cash--Contributions of any amount
- Master Card or Visa--You may use your credit card to give by clicking on the DONATE ONLINE image
- Monthly pledges--Pledge your gift in any amount to be paid monthly to help UCOM to budget appropriately. You may also use the DONATE NOW image above to set up automatic charges to your credit card.
- Memorial/Gifts in Honor--Remember someone, living or deceased, or celebrate happy occasions of life.
- Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate or Other Property--Enjoy personal tax benefits by contributing appreciated stock or other real property
- Employee Matching Gift--If your employer, or your spouse's employer, has a matching gift program, your gift could double in value.
- Estate Gifts--Help ensure the future of UCOM by arranging to include UCOM in your estate planning. Plans may include gifts that offer lifetime income to you or income to UCOM in the future, including bequests, insurance, trusts, IRAs, and pensions. Contact Bruce Roller at 241.4006 extension 32 to talk about such deferred gifts.
- Bequests and devices to UCOM are deductible for federal and state income tax purposes in accordance with the law. The following language is suggested: "I give and bequeath to the Board of Directors of United Church Outreach Ministry (UCOM), 1311 Chicago Dr SW, Wyoming, MI 49509) a Michigan not-for-profit corporation, the sum of ____ dollars (or ____ percent of my residuary estate) for such purposes as the Board of Directors of UCOM shall determine to be in the best interest of the agency."
- If you plan to make a donation to Feeding America West MI, you can designate that amount to the UCOM account at Feeding America by noting that it is for UCOM (United Church Outreach Ministry) Account #1988E. This helps us to buy food at greatly reduced prices.
In Kind Contributions
Contributions of food--large and small--are always welcome at UCOM. Whether a family wishes to make this a personal project, a school or several schools or churches wish to work together to gather food, or an individual has some extra produce from their garden, no gift is too small to be used or large enough to be wasted. Please bring food by the pantry or contact us to arrange pickups.