Your gifts to UCOM are tax deductible, and are always spent with the intention of giving the best service possible to those who turn to us for help. Our donors often remark that they are pleased with the quality and extent of services we offer our neighbors, and with the proportion of our budget that goes to programming.
Let's Exchange Gifts This Holiday Season!
For your donation of $100 or more, choose the stained glass design you would like for your home or for a friend
Great Wave off Kanagawa
15" x 10" - Hokusai
The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai is perhaps the single best-known Japanese woodblock print in the Western world.
6" x 8" - Annelein Beukenkamp-Winant
A sweet piece, Annelein's Chickadee Chill is a fun representation of her watercolor technique and the infusion of color she so enjoys.
8" x 6" - Annelein Beukenkamp-Winant
The colorful blossoms in this piece are a particularly favorite them in Annelein's pieces; a happy reminder of the explosion of color seen while traveling to her grandmother's house as a child.
7" x 11"
This glorious window depicts Jesus Christ's victorious resurrection from the tomb as a holy angel removes the stone.
Birth of Christ
8" x 10" - Donald Jackson
This panel is a detail of the angels depicted in the brilliant illumination of Birth of Christ from the Gospel of Luke in "The Saint John's Bible."
Hummingbirds and Fuchsia
6" x 11" - Susan Bourdet
With perfected detail, Susan capture the beauty of the hummingbird as it darts about seeking nectar from the delicate Fuchsia.
8" x 10" - Vincent van Gogh
Van Gogh used vivid color to express emotion; the bright mood of his Sunflowers painting perfectly reflects that connection.
Creation, Covenant, Shekinah, Kingdom
6.5" circle - Donald Jackson
These majestic cranes reappear from earlier in the in "The Saint John's Bible" to help the illumination depict the powerful words proclaimed in Wisdom of Solomon: "I was there."
7" x 9" - Wassily Kandinsky
In describing his painting Farbstudie Quadrate, Kandinsky said, "I applied streaks and blobs of color onto the canvas with a palette knife and I made them sing with all the intensity I could..."
Other Ways to Give
You may give to UCOM in many ways...
- Cash--Contributions of any amount
- Master Card or Visa--You may use your credit card to give by clicking on the DONATE ONLINE image
- Monthly pledges--Pledge your gift in any amount to be paid monthly to help UCOM to budget appropriately. You may also use the DONATE NOW image above to set up automatic charges to your credit card.
- Memorial/Gifts in Honor--Remember someone, living or deceased, or celebrate happy occasions of life.
- Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate or Other Property--Enjoy personal tax benefits by contributing appreciated stock or other real property
- Employee Matching Gift--If your employer, or your spouse's employer, has a matching gift program, your gift could double in value.
- Estate Gifts--Help ensure the future of UCOM by arranging to include UCOM in your estate planning. Plans may include gifts that offer lifetime income to you or income to UCOM in the future, including bequests, insurance, trusts, IRAs, and pensions. Contact Bruce Roller at 241.4006 extension 32 to talk about such deferred gifts.
- Bequests and devices to UCOM are deductible for federal and state income tax purposes in accordance with the law. The following language is suggested: "I give and bequeath to the Board of Directors of United Church Outreach Ministry (UCOM), 1311 Chicago Dr SW, Wyoming, MI 49509) a Michigan not-for-profit corporation, the sum of ____ dollars (or ____ percent of my residuary estate) for such purposes as the Board of Directors of UCOM shall determine to be in the best interest of the agency."
- If you plan to make a donation to Feeding America West MI, you can designate that amount to the UCOM account at Feeding America by noting that it is for UCOM (United Church Outreach Ministry) Account #1988E. This helps us to buy food at greatly reduced prices.
In Kind Contributions
Contributions of food--large and small--are always welcome at UCOM. Whether a family wishes to make this a personal project, a school or several schools or churches wish to work together to gather food, or an individual has some extra produce from their garden, no gift is too small to be used or large enough to be wasted. Please bring food by the pantry or contact us to arrange pickups.
Check out the UCOM store to see some of the great items available to purchase and support UCOM Programming. Items available at the UCOM store include; long and short sleeve UCOM t-shirts, books from UCOM's Open Door Press book series like Lilliana Grows it Green, French Toast for Maleek, and the soon to be published A job for Hope, and other books.